Monday, October 16, 2006

Creepy Crawley

Suddenly he lurched off his stool and looked at us. We thought that he had finally had enough and was going to carry out his threat. Instead he stood swaying a little and headed out the door to the other bar/loo. Birthday Boy still looked his impassive self and was actually tapping his fingers on the bar in time to what we were playing. I kept looking toward the door expecting to see a mound of flesh and muscle come back through the door. But it never happened. He didn't come back the whole set. When we finished the collective relief felt all round was unbelievable but we were also a bit confused. I wen't to the loo-no sign of him, and he wasn't in the other bar either.It seemed he'd just left (a nice way to treat a mate on his birthday). We packed the gear away and I went outside to go and fect my car. As soon as I had left the pub I immediatly clapped eyes on white van across the road with something large and in shadow underneath the front of it. I immediatly went over and sure enough it was Mr. Intimidation passed out, looking very much like he was staying there fo the night. For a few seconds I felt like going and getting the boom part of a microphone stand and laying into him with it but there were people about besides that he actually looked like he'd not just fallen in a drunken heap but had done this on purpose as if he did it as a matter of course every Friday. The whole thing began assuming comic proportions and we went home vowing to be back not letting that kind of thing deter us.
We did go back and played there again but found our friend had been since barred from the pub for violence against staff members!

2 comments:

Jake said...

I want to 'fect my car too

Mike Da Hat said...

A fight broke out in a pub I was playing at. Gypsies chucking chairs and bottles. My lead guitarist said "Play!" "What?" And he ploughs into the Lion sleeps tonight. God knows why it wasn't on our set list. It became surreal with us doing the old "wimoway wimoway" routine and in slow motion chairs where flying through the air. We escaped with not a mark on us or our gear.